Friday, September 25, 2009

Political Correctness: Taking our rights, one "favor" at a time

This post isn't going to be as in-depth, as involved, as long, or as example-laden as others. I'm simply stating my opinion and asking you to respond.

I warn you, I'm not as eloquent as *SOME* other people...

Political Correctness
Today, most of what we say, write, think, or do is impacted by this load of bull. Political correctness is the concept of throwing away the concepts of doing well or badly, and trying to make everyone feel like they're "Just as special" as everyone else.

They aren't.

Some people are just BETTER than other people at things. All men have rights, but they were not created equal.

In a soccer game, why should everyone gets a trophy? Give Trophies to the kids who played *WELL* as positive reinforcement! The kids who don't get one, should understand they need to practice! IT'S NOT THAT HARD!

Comment. Tell me your opinion. Disagree. Argue.

Do it.



~Cavender

2 comments:

  1. I dunno if I like the idea of only the best players on a children's soccer team getting trophies, because that would break up the team dynamic and cause in-fighting for the limited amount of trophies.
    Soccer, however, may not have been the best example, because it is a team sport, and the whole point is that they either win together or lose together. If there is someone on the team who is causing trouble and obviously does not care, then it is the coach’s job to kindly inform their parents, and if things to not change, then remove them.
    HOWEVER!
    In a different setting, such as a classroom, a workplace, a country, a government….yeah….pretty much anywhere else, you are right. Our culture is a culture of excuses (NOY how Obama thinks it is) we try to make excuses for mediocrity, and in doing so, hinder those who would become truly great.
    And don’t even get me started on calling people “Political Muslims” Rather than “Islamic Terrorists,” I might have an aneurism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I think about it, I worded that section poorly. Good catch.

    HOWEVER

    I completely agree.

    Thanks for your input!

    ReplyDelete