Saturday, March 27, 2010

Lissy: John Adams

Inaugeration Speech of John Adams

Annotated by Alyssa Davidson

I am no history major, or even a history nerd, but when I came across this speech, I endeavored to read it. I was simply intrigued by the complexity of the archaic language. By the time I had finished, I had decided that this was something that needed to be shared for others to reflect on. I have made annotations on the speech in an Office Word document, for this was the best way to comment on the speech without my test interrupting the flow of the speech, which is already tricky to follow. Please enjoy.

Here is the link to the document. I appologize, but you will need to download the document to see the annotations.

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/document-preview.aspx?doc_id=31828073

2 comments:

  1. Lissy,
    The awesomeness continues! I like the speech, but can't seem to link to your notes. It tells me, I'm there, but shows nothing. It may be a technical issue on this end, I don't know.

    I, also, have enjoyed your discussion with Christopher. You're very insightful, you put words in a way that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I tried to find a way to have the speech on one side of the document and the notes on the other side, but the only thing that came close was using the annotations in Microsoft Word (2007 version). I saw that docstock wasn't showing the annotations, but when I re-downloaded the document and opened it in Word, the annotations were still there.

    Since my boyfriend won't stop bugging me about posting the speech with the comments within the text, it appears that I will have to do that. I had hoped to avoid that, seeing as how the speech already requires some effort to read. I will post it on my own blog in the near future, along with a second post which was meant for "Follower's Say" but wasn't ready in time.

    Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete