Saturday, March 14, 2009

The New America

Journal Entry I wrote back in October. WARNING: I AM NOT SLAMMING PUBLIC SCHOOL KIDS. Not really. This was just something that I wrote thinking about the kids at my school. I am well aware that public schoolers can be every bit as smart as Classical kids, okay? Lol, don't be offended. And if you are, that's actually fine. Just comment and share your thoughts.

"Sometimes, I hate our government. It has too much power over us. It’s going against the constitution in a lot of ways. Did you know the 16th amendment wasn’t even ratified? At least that’s what someone told me. I’m going to look into it myself. But now, the CIA doesn’t even have to have a permit to tap your phone line. They can listen in anytime they want. All they have to do is fill out a little form. They don’t even have to be qualified! The government can do pretty much anything.

I also think this bailout is stupid. The economy is going to heal itself. It always has in the past. Why do people think this bailout is necessary? It’s natural for the economy to rise and fall. Leave it alone. The bailout is just going to put us further in debt—the black hole the government created and then jumped in to. They’re never going to pay the debt off, either, so why even put it there? The bunch of hypocrites. We get in trouble if we don’t pay out taxes and credit card bills—debt—but they can rack up debt till kingdom come and not even get in trouble.

And then there’s the whole inflation thing. Doesn’t the government realize they’re making the same mistakes the Romans made? And guess what? The Roman empire fell because of that. Hello! History repeats itself. Get a clue! Those who don’t learn their history are doomed to repeat it. And we’re going to pay the price.

Another example of the government controlling our lives is education. Schools cannot teach creation now. Now, I’m not necessarily saying that only creation should be taught, but at least give it along with Evolution! Our government is corrupt and too powerful. The people of the US are only going to stand this so much longer. Tensions are building. The economy is being tampered with. Inflation is worse than ever before. The government is taking more and more power. Our government is going from good, to bad, to worse. Don’t the people realize this is what we ran from in England and rebelled against in the Revolutionary War?

This is not going to stand much longer, Journal. The people will only put up with this for so long before they explode. Our government is corrupt. There is going to be a rebellion eventually. That’s all there is to it. It’s going to happen. This government has been here a long time.

Nothing lasts forever.

I suggested in class the other day that we should take over the government. We could be so much better. Of course, at the time it was mostly a joke. Now, I see how true it was, though I didn’t know it. When America collapses and the people rebel, we’re going to have to build a new government. Who is going to be in charge?

We are.

The world needs people who can think. The publics schools are not teaching people how to think. We Classical kids know how to think. We will begin building a New America. Better, stronger, smarter than before. We know economics. We know logic. We know history. Science. American government. Public and persuasive speaking. How to write well.

We are the New America.

Now all that’s left is to wait. The timer is ticking for this Old America. How long will she last? We don’t know.

So we study. We learn. We write. We read. With think. We speak. We do.

We must be ready. America’s timer is ticking. When will her time be up? Who knows, but we do know this:

When the timer dings, we’ll be ready.

~Kendra Logan

P.S. And to think, Journal; two months ago, I thought politics was boring! :)"

10 comments:

  1. you'd make an awesome writer, lawyer, politician, what else?
    I like your point. I consider it a bit radical, but nevertheless you're right about a lot of things

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks!! Yeah, definitely radical, but maybe...lol! Thanks so much for the compliment, 'cause I want to be a writer and lawyer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you sure have what it takes =) I have evidence on the writer part, and I believe I can guess the lawyer part pretty accurately ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks!! I love to argue and use logic :D My class won the Mock Trial championship, too. I was like "I totally want to be a lawyer now!" Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This blog post hits it. Unfortunately for us.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it Kendra.


    Love it.

    Like you said before. Ellie, Sarah, you and me need to make a book.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow can you say "melodramatic"?
    lol you'll include your honorary classical member won't you?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can say melodramatic, but I didn't really think it applied here.

    Honorary members welcome.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Um, I never went to a public school, so although I've heard it's not great, I don't know for sure and in what ways. Anyone know who I could ask about this or read about it?

    Yeah, I never really understood how government debt could possibly work. Whenever I played simcity, I had to keep my town out of the red. If it did, I worked fast to cut back in all non-crucial spending and raise taxes a little and stop building new things for a while, and soon I was back on top.

    Man... I want to play that again...

    ReplyDelete